The 23-acre Ipswich River Watershed Association campus on County Road includes trails, a green building, green roof, water-wise demonstration projects and gardens, offices, a public canoe dock and remnants of formal gardens from the early 20th-century Barnard estate. The property and trails are permanently protected for public use and enjoyment through easements held by Essex County Greenbelt Association and the Essex County Trails Association. The trails are mostly wooded and offer beautiful views of the Ipswich River.
For ECTA Webmap Sponsorship, click here.
Our full-size pdf version of the Ipswich River Watershed Association map is still in progress. Please check back later.
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Cross-country skiing
- Property open sunrise to sunset year-round
- IRWA office is open weekdays 9 – 4 pm
- Please carry out what you carry in
- Dogs must be leashed, please pick up waste
- Fires and camping are prohibited
- No swimming
- Disturbing, removing or defacing any natural feature, sign or structure is prohibited.
- No motorized vehicles
143 County Road (Route 1A) in Ipswich
Ipswich River Watershed Association. The property and trails are permanently protected for public use and enjoyment through easements held by Essex County Greenbelt Association and the Essex County Trails Association.